Lightroom 5.2 has been in Release Candidate mode for a while now and I know some of you have already downloaded it and are enjoying the new features. It’s now in official release and is available in the update menu in Lightroom.
The Spot removal tool now includes a feather slider to control the hardness of the edges when cloning or healing. Also where is decides to pick it’s source has been greatly improved and works so much better with textured areas of the image. It will also try to limit the source to areas within a cropped image.
A smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the detail panel under Color Noise Reduction that helps reduce low frequency color mottling
Smart Preview size has been increased to 2560 pixels on the long edge
Local Adjustment Brush refinements:
▪ Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
▪ Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment
Added cameras and lens support
A few bug fixes:
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 5 have been corrected.
▪ Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
▪ Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
▪ Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
▪ Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
▪ The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
▪ Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
▪ Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
Go ahead and update – this is included free